
Paul and Becca got married on August 12th. It was standing room only. She is the youngest of eight and Paul is the second youngest of eight. So, the picture with all the people in it? . . . Just Paul and Becca's: Granparents, parents, and siblings(with their families)! Quite a brood!!

This is just us sisters-in-law, minus Elizabeth, who was in Hawaii at the time!! I am the only one standing on the bottom step, which makes me look the shortest, when actually I am the second TALLEST. These girls are all so tiny. JoAnn and I, at 5'8" and 5"7" often feel like we are giants among the little people. Becca, Sarah, Danielle and Emily are all around 5'2", and Heather and Elizabeth are both 5'4".

After the wedding at the Oakland Temple, we headed down to Merced for the reception. It is two hours away, but took us three because of an accident on the highway. It was really neat to get to see where Becca grew up and to get to know her family better. After the reception, we all went out (in the dark) to watch them get into their newly decorated car. I had been having problems with my shoe heels sticking in the grass all night, and right then as we were all out there, let me repeat ALL out there, I had another major problem. My heel got stuck I tried to shift my balance, lost my balance, stepped forward to gain my balance and found air, no grass! There was a ditch with a hole filled with water where my foot was heading to! I tried to grab onto a guy next to me, and he, not knowing I was falling moved away. I stepped strait down into the muddy hole, where my shoe got stuck again. I tried desparately to gain my balance again, but the momentum was to much and I did a lovely summersault, skirt and all, down next to where Becca and Paul were getting into the car! Ugh, the humiliation! Good thing it was dark! My shoe stayed in the mud (you can see it in the water) and ow it hurt ripping off my foot. I had a few bruises, but my clothes came away completely clean! Not a speck on them. Crazy. Everyone asked if I was okay, except my husband, who so gallantly said "I don't know her!" Dork! Of course, everyone still had a camera so Rob snapped a picture of me in my moment of honor!
1 comment:
Cami, you may be the 2nd tallest standing up, but certainly not sitting down. I am almost JoAnn's height sitting down. And I am sure Heather is taller than you sitting as well. I don't know about the other girls, but that certainly wouldn't make you very tall, would it? ;)
Post a Comment