We get to the car and I notice that the clouds are threatening rain any minute. Unfortunately for me, loading groceries into my old lady of a minivan is no easy task. First, the hydraulic lifts are busted on the back door so I have to have Levi and Calder stand on the bumper, on either side, holding up the door for me. Second there is really no space back there ( 12 inches deep at the bottom and it gets smaller as you go up) so I have to be really good at tangrams.
So it goes like this: I hurry and get in a couple of the heavy items while Levi and Calder shout "Hurry MOM, HURRY, its too heavy, I can't hold it up anymore!" We take a break and I hold the door for a minute. Then we repeat the move, until they are exhausted (about 3 minutes). Next I prop the door on the cart handle and do the limbo under the door and out again. This step was reached must faster than usual, this time, because just as Levi and Calder got up into position it started to POUR and blow hard. I had them get inside where it was warm, and I did the limbo, by myself, for 15 minutes in the pouring rain. SO fun. By the time I got into the car I was drenched head to toe. Levi laughs and says "You look like you just got out of the shower mom!!" haha. very funny. But really, that was nothing compared to watching Levi's game in the freezing rain this week, but that story has to wait for a bit.
First I want to show you some pretty pictures of our hike to Ponytail falls (and a few other falls) that we did a week ago Saturday. It was a bright sunny Saturday (for a wonder) so we took advantage of it and went hiking with the boys. This trail was amazing. It starts out at Horsetail Falls and winds up the Gorge, under Ponytail falls and past another one that cut a deep Gorge in sheer cliffs. These cliffs were covered in moss and ferns, so beautiful. Joe and I wore our new hiking boots, still trying to break them in for the big backpacking trip this summer through Yosemite Wilderness.
The Weeping wall (there were 2 professional photographers taking photos of this)
I am standing on a bridge here. This photo is one side of the bridge. Fantastic "mini" gorge carved by the stream. In the summer time they say the best way to see these falls is by hiking/wading up through the gorge stream. Joe and I can't wait to try.
This is the flourescent green "paint like" moss that grows on many of the rock faces. This picture doesn't do the color justice. It is just amazing.
The pint-sized explorers
1 comment:
love the pictures!! that one of you and kaelan is so cute. your costco parking lot experience sounds awful!
Post a Comment