Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What I like about having boys.....

What I like about having boys is....... being able to go to Cub Scout Camp with them!

Boys have all the fun! I have never heard so many silly "repeat" songs, seen so many crazy skits, or had to repeat "Get down off the table" so many times in a row.

I got to make a Treasure chest with Levi and his buddies, carve shark teeth out of facial soap, and play ultimate Frisbee with a bunch of crazy boys (and camp staff - who were really just big "boys" themselves). I had just as much fun as they did! Plus, in Ultimate Frisbee, I made the winning toss into the goal, from across the field (and into the arms of one of my cute cub scouts)! Yes, I am that cool!!


Levi's, super cool, Chest he made!
Hammering, the nails in, was a beast, but he never gave up!




My shark tooth that I carved, with a butterknife, out of soap!
I think I earned my whittling chip!!

But, the best thing about having boys is....when they are asked to spell words, using signal flags, they choose their words to be: "I love you, mom!"



What more could I ask for?!?!






6 comments:

Aimee said...

Looks like fun! Did your Cub camp have a pirate theme this year, too? Michael made what looks like the same treasure chest!

Cami Severson said...

Yes! Levi's troop are the Buccaneers. Do you guys go up to Scouter's Mountain, via Sunnyside Rd?

Aimee said...

Michael's troop was the Hornpipers. They went to Camp Ireland, in Hillsboro. I guess maybe all the camps in the area follow a similar yearly schedule? Last year was a medieval/knights theme, and Michael is just telling me that next year will be Wild West.

Sarah S said...

very cute!! That chest is pretty neat. and good job on the tooth too :) I'm impressed with your involvement!

Anna said...

No no no no. NOT scout camp. That's torture. You must get out more. You need some sister time to re-girlify you.

Cami Severson said...

Haha, Anna! You crack me up! Yeah, well, I had enough girl stuff growing up, I think that I am good for a millenia. Boys rock! I had a great time. (besides, I only went one day and it was my first time....poor Kaelan I will probably be burned out by that time!)