Sunday, August 24, 2008

OMSI Camp and OMSI Play

Levi attended OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and industry) camp again this year, only instead of Rockets, he did wizardry and potions. They learned magic tricks and cool chemistry potions. It was every day, 9-5, for a week. The bad part about the whole thing was going into Portland, during rush hour. But, even worse than that was 2 weeks later (this past week) I got a photo radar ticket in the mail! Apparently, I was going 55mph on a highway that isn't a 55 mph zone, only 45. I was so mad. $260!! That could have paid for Levi's OMSI camp all over again! That is highway robbery.....literally! Luckily I got the fine down to $195 for pleading guilty.


Here he is performing his magic trick at the end of camp, Joe is his assistant





A few days later we took Emily to OMSI on the friend pass. We had a great time, only Adele did NOT like the dinosaurs from China. A little to freaky for her to see all those bones and roaring machines. Kaelan thought that they were pretty cool though! He wanted climb in with them.


Do you see his huge grin! These Dino's are COOL!


I always knew my boys were part Dinosaur!


Especially this one!


Calder is the resident Dinosaur expert,
he knows all those names that everybody else just glosses over.

A giant Chinese fossil, with a really long Chinese name that I can't pronounce



Levi putting together his very own dinosaur fossil.


Kaelan was fascinated by this roaring T-Rex

Calder, pretending to be a chipmunk



Playing in the fossil maker exhibit



Cute, sweet Adele




Samuel and Emily


Building buddies. Levi had a great time playing with Adele.
He took her all over the Science playground, showing her things.


Kaelan loved the white sand,
or should I say getting in and out and in and out and in and out of the sand. *sigh*




The stroller duo


Playing in a real life space shuttle!




Kaelan and water, an inseparable force of nature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I love to see Em and kids out doing fun things with you! Cami may yet find a lifelong Oregon sister :)

Sarah S said...

That is so fun! I think Eli would love the dinosaurs - pretty cool. That's great that Em and kids could go with you!

I'm sorry about your ticket though, that stinks!!

Laura said...

So lame about your speeding ticket. Do they even have signs posted that they're using photo radar? Seems like they should have to warn you if they are.