Thursday, May 26, 2011

A little bit of this and a little bit of that.

Life in the Severson household has been a little on the wild side lately. Not that I am complaining, at least it has been interesting, and I never get bored, but I am finding myself quite frazzled as of late. The one good thing is that I am usually asleep BEFORE my head hits the pillow.

We have been keeping up the crazy pace with activities, karate still going strong 2x a week, scouts present twice a week, piano every Monday, swimming every T/TH, gymnastics every Monday, track everyday IN THE RAIN, baseball 3x a week IN THE RAIN, indoor (thank heavens) soccer, YM activities and campouts, choir concerts and after school practices. That's just the kids!

I have done the same thing to myself. I am at the school Mondays and Wednesdays, volunteering in the classrooms and in the school library, trying like crazy to finish not only the school yearbook, but also the first grade classroom yearbook, plan end of year school parties, keep up on my secretarial duties, and having no ability to say "no" to other favors. Notice that "clean the house" isn't anywhere on that list?! That is because it never happens. I have developed a credible theory that you actually have to BE home to clean the home. Funny how that works. Where is Dobby when you need him? I could really use a house elf right about now.

Here is a few pics from the last couple months (not including half of April or May, that will have to come later):

We were once again victims of a leprechaun nocturnal visit on St. Patty's day, and once again those wily little green men didn't fall for any of our traps, and weren't above mocking our efforts and causing a little domestic havoc on the side. At least they left gold coins and chocolate leprechauns behind, even if they were left as a joke on us. We don't really care how chocolate comes to us as long as it does.

This is Kaelan checking out the green toilet water the leprechauns messed with:



The boys left questionnaires for the leprechauns to answer, and answer they did, if a little snarkily. Question: "How do you live?". Answer: "With food and water!"



The leprechaun's mockery of Ansel's attempt to trap them:
(At least he got some chocolate out of it!) Notice the "nice try kid" painted on the floor next to it? Yep, pretty cheeky with the fake leprechaun there to get his hopes up, from far away.




We had to get a new windshield from our trip to California and Disneyland. Don't get me started with the California/bad luck stories!

It was really cool to watch him break out the old one and install the new one. He was very grateful that we had a garage.







When the rain keeps coming and coming and coming, one has to be creative in the ways to keep oneself entertained. Calder had a lot of fun with our city blocks:




There is a story that goes with these next photos.

One day, when Joe and the boys went for a walk, calder found and caught his very own gardener snake. He was so proud, and of course we had to keep him as a pet. He named him Bones, because the last half inch of his tail was just that, bone. The snake's vertebrae was exposed. Quite gruesome to me, but the boys thought it was awesome. Unfortunately, Bones didn't last long and a few days later with much pomp and ceremony (and quite a few tears) we buried him in the back yard. Calder was devastated. And so in a weak moment, I, yes I, said we could get him a snake from the pet store. Instantly he was better and I was worse. That's the lot of a parent I guess.

The next day we all went to the pet store for FHE to buy a snake. Calder and Joe (mainly Joe) picked out a Rosy Boa for their new pet. I would be fooling myself if I didn't admit that Joe was just as excited about the snake as Calder.

Here she is, Stix, our new Rosy Boa that lives upstairs in the boy's room:












In another post I will give you details on how come this snake is even less my favorite thing than it already was.

The next little experience of note was my voyage up and back to visit Remi's chiropractor. I did this a few times. On the last time I took all the boys with me and rear ended some one while up there. Ugh! In my defense she was one of those people looking for it. We were stopped at a stop light and when it turned green she started to go and then so did I. Then, out of the blue she just slammed on her brakes! I slammed on mine too, but ended up tapping her rear bumper. It did nothing to her car at all, other than lifting the dirt off of the area where my license plate touched. But the next day I get a call from my insurance saying that she is claiming medical injury and compensation for it! I was so mad, and my insurance guy said that there are lots of people out there that do this. They try to get into fender benders so they can get compensation. What a racket! It still makes me mad. There was nothing I could have done differently, but I am still legally at fault.

These pictures are taken minutes after the bump, at the chiropractors:
See me in the background of the first one?














More rain and more city block creations:






Yes they really did use them for army guy battles:


Calder is trying to master the art of catching flys out of the air. Here is his successful attempt to capture a crane fly: (yech). But, he was happy. He really is my critter guy.






Next up in the Severson event line up was the pinewood derby. You will notice that we are still very much enamored with a certain scaly subject matter. Calder made a "Stix" derby car and he one third place with it!















Remember SNL's Head wound Harry? We have our very own in our house. Will the obsession with bandaids ever end? FYI this band aid was because he had a "head ache". And yes, apparently bandaids even fix those.




Joe and his "mini me":























Ahhhh, the days when yard work was actually fun.



This next pic and following video is Kaelan at his gymnastics class at little gym:
He LOVES "dinastigs"



YouTube Video



Kaelan having fun with a bowl and his reflection in the window, he only noticed me filming him the last few seconds. What a ham!

YouTube Video



This is what Levi experienced at his final wrestling match. He was so disappointed. I sketched this on my iPhone with the asketch app, with my finger, while we were at that meet.


I hope these ramblings find you all well! Oh, and now iHave an iPad.
I don't want to know what other words they will find to put an "i" in front of, but so far I have them all....

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: