Friday, March 23, 2012

Pinewood Derby X2

Having to manage the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby solo as a mom is akin to torture.  I had to attend all of the car workshops, carving/ drawing and sanding and graphite-ing the wheels.  Not to mention painting and adding weights.  UGH! It would have been bad enough with just one, but no, I had TWO boys in scouts this year so that meant I had to do it all twice. It was me, and a bunch of dads...  On top of it all I am over Cub Scouts as part of my responsibility as a counselor in the Primary Presidency.  So I had to be involved in the behind the scenes part as well.  Not that I dislike it so much, it is just that it was happening at the worse possible time.  We had just listed our house and I had to keep it to the nines, which is always fun...  I think that I am just burned out on all activity at this point anyway.


Here is one race, I think it was Ansel and he won this particular race:


 


A Very disappointed Ansel.  He didn't win the entire thing and he was not happy about it.

He did win and award for awesome pin striping... Not enough to help ease the pain of the loss.
Untitled

At least they had fun...
Untitled


Calder was awarded the "Best Design"
I guess that is when having a designer for a mom comes in handy...
Untitled

No comments: