Sunday, May 20, 2012

Our new digs!

Two weeks after Kaelan's birthday, he and I went down to California and bought a house!  Joe was there too of course! :) It was exciting and also scary how much houses are in the Bay Area, I still can't believe how much we paid, but we got what we needed so I guess it is all good in the end!  Here are the pics of our new house!  

Our house is on a corner lot, in a court.  We love how private it is.  It has a very long driveway that sets the house really far back from the street.  The part of the driveway directly in front of the house is the size of a half basketball court, and the drive than descends down to the street is a good 200 ft. long.  So it really is a nice distance off the street.  

The house has amazing landscaping with timed lighting and water fountains.  It is so pretty.  I am a little nervous what it will look like after the boys have taken over the back yard!!





 A couple of views of the Master bedroom.  Note, these are the photos in the listing, this is not our furniture.



A partial view of the master bath.  It is huge.  But the closets are even bigger.. It makes me happy!!



This is our huge 5th bedroom that we are using as the playroom.  Yes, we will fit 3 bonus rooms from our old house, into one room.  Truly amazing.


Ansel and Levi's room: They loved the orange, we just had to get rid of the girly vinyl appliqué.


 The boys bathroom:

In this view you can see the living room, the entry hall/stairs and the dining room:

more living room:


Entry hall and a little bit of the living room:

Kitchen.  I LOVE my kitchen!!



 Family room with the kitchen in the background:

Dining room, the entry to the kitchen in on the right:

Definitely getting excited to move now!  It was really hard before because we had no idea what we were in for, what kind of house we were going to get, etc.  But we felt really blessed to get this one!  We offered under asking because it was so high and with a little back and forth really got an acceptable price on it!

Now the only quest will be how am I going to maintain this beautiful house at it's current glory, with 4 boys running around?!?! It will be a challenge I assure you!


No comments: