
We had a very interesting experience this summer. A peacock decided to be our pet (for a day and a night). We were in the middle of a nice family home evening lesson, when, we got a knock on the door. It was a grandchild of our next door neighbor asking us if we had a pet peacock. I think, that by the look on our faces, she knew that the answer was no. "well" she said. "I didn't think so, but there is a peacock on your playstructure in your backyard"
Needless to say, FHE was over at that point as we all went out to see what in the world she was talking about. Sure enough, there was
a peacock on the very top of our playstructure- 12 ft up in the air! All of our neighbors extended family were out on their upper floor deck checking it out too. I mean, of all things. . . . A peacock? How in the world did it get up there? I didn't think peacocks, or peahens (this one was a girl) could fly. It did not want to move at all, anyway. Apparently our neighbors had been throwing tennis balls at it, because there were tennis balls all over our lawn. The boys even climbed up their playstructure and stood directly under the peacock jumping and yelling, and she didn't even do so much as bat an eye. I wasn't going to miss this oppo
rtunity for a great photo, so I ran inside and grabbed our camera. Here are the resulting photos. By the way, the next morning she was gone, just as mysteriously as she came.
No comments:
Post a Comment