1) I have never liked being told what to do, and it has carried on over into adulthood. Even if it is something that I was going to do, if someone tells me I need to do it, then I argue about why I shouldn't, or don't do it just to show them I can do whatever I want. Haha, yeah, it's bad, I know. I even chose my favorite color (blue) based on the fact that boys got blue and a girls color is pink. No one is going to tell me I can't like blue because I am a girl!! I guess I am a closet rebel. Well, maybe I just like to pretend that it is in the closet!
2) I was a diligent, determined thumb sucker until 3rd grade,my mom tried everything to get me to stop (see #1 if you want to know why I didn't listen). By 3rd grade though, I realized it was going to do damage to my image, so I took it underground and started sucking on my tongue. I still catch myself doing this, even now!! See mom, my tongue still hasn't fallen off yet!!
3) I LOVE all things Sci Fi and Fantasy, yes I realize that this is typically a guy thing, but to me there is nothing better!! I know, I know, try a different genre.....*sigh*, every once in a while I branch out, okay?!?!
4)Which, brings me to my next random thing. I LOVE to read, whether it be from a book, listening on my ipod, or reliving the storyline in my head. I can't get enough of it. It is kind of a 180 from childhood, when I was way too busy to read, and couldn't sit still long enough to do so. Maybe that is why I prefer the ipod? I can still do things while I listen.
5) "I have too much energy" This was my mantra as a child. I said this practically everyday. And, I really did have too much energy, ask my sisters. I still do.
6) I am so glad I have boys. They are so much fun, and have has much energy as I do!! Now I am hearing my mantra repeated daily by Levi, with no coaching! Yes, he is my son.
7) I am the one frequently guilty of getting my kids all riled up. I know that this is typically the dad's job, and the mom's job is to say "that is enough honey", but what can I say? I am still a kid at heart.
8) The weirdest childhood stage, I passed through, was when I decided (at around 9) that spit was disgusting, even my own. I just couldn't swallow it, it made we want to gag. So, instead I would spit it out.....everywhere. In the house, on the street... you name it. Of course it grossed everyone out, rightly so. My sisters frequently pleading with me to stop (again, see #1), but instead I found secret places to spit it out. I don't remember exactly when I got over this phobia, but eventually I did. Much to the relief of my whole family.
9) I love being left handed. Growing up, I was the only one in my whole family, even extended ( I think), that was left handed. It was so cool, to be different. Now I can do things easily with both hands, because hey, let's face it, it is a right-handed world out there. Now I have two kids who are left handed, Calder and Kaelan. I am okay sharing my uniqueness with them.
10) I like to argue. Or maybe, more accurately, I can't resist arguing. Um, yeah.... sad but true. That was why, in high school, I joined the debate team, to have an outlet for this weakness. My sisters have many stories to tell about my arguments. "Well, that is what is says in MY book!" Yeah, I even keep arguing when I am clearly in the wrong.
11) I ALWAYS wanted a twin, growing up. I fantasized about what that would be like, even wrote stories about it. But, alas, you can't change what you are born as... But, you can marry one!! Odd, that I did! No, Joe... that is NOT why I married you!!
12) The need to create something with my hands, runs rich in my blood. It will build and build until I feel like I am going to burst if I don't create something.
13) I really don't like stress. Yeah, I know, no one does. But, I have a real aversion to it. Because of this, I can't focus too long on things that cause me real stress, it makes me feel physically ill. I really am the "Don't worry, be happy" kind of person. Maybe this is because I worry really easily, so I try to avoid potential causes. Sometimes I avoid potential causes by arguing whether or not it really is one.
14) I am bossy and have too many opinions. I know this. Oldest sister syndrome. But, because I know this, I find the oddest thing happening when I am with people I don't really know that well. I am afraid to share what I think on decisions, for fear they will see me as a know it all. ( You know, I want to keep them in the dark as long as possible!) So, instead, I think that I end up looking sweet and indecisive. Haha! What a deception. More likely though, I just end up looking like a slightly less bossy, bossy person.
15) Can you be shy and an extrovert at the same time? If so, then that is me. A very confusing place to be!
16) Little kids really seem to like me. Where ever I go, little kids, even ones I don't know, will seek me out. It has caused me, many times, to ponder why that is. Maybe they recognize that I really am still a kid, in a big person's body.
17) I love history. REALLY love history. It was always my favorite subject in school (along with math). I like pondering about how the history we "know" to be so, actually is probably way off. I mean, these were just people writing these things down as they saw it, with their own biases tainting their views, making them include or discard bits of information.Then there are the archeologists getting information from shards of pottery, etc, and making their own conjectures about what past societies were like. How do we really know anyway? I'd like to know the real reasons behind all the stories out there. For a very long time I wanted to be an archeologist. In fact, if it were possible, I still want to be one, that and an astronaut.
18) My favorite candy in the whole wide world are NECCO's. Either the conversation hearts or the wafers. YUM. I even like the history of NECCO. Ask me sometime, I will tell you all about it.
19) I am addicted to all things techy. Computers, ipods, digital cameras, cars, fancy cell phones....you name it. I really think they are cool, and fun to play with. In fact, I probably spend way to much time "playing" with them. Even cars.
20) I have a lead foot. I am trying to lighten it though. Here, in Oregon, they actually care about you going the speed limit. I already have two tickets! In California I went 8 years without a single one!! If it weren't so much fun to drive, I wouldn't be in this kind of trouble!!
21) When I was little I really wanted to be a boy! It just isn't fair that they get to pee standing up and we don't!!! But, ladies.... don't fret. Let me introduce you to the "Freshette" the original female to male adapter, now we too can pee standing up!! "Getting away from it all" no longer has to be associated with inconvenience!
22) I have been accused, many times, that I think too much like a guy. What does that mean, anyway?
23) Pregnancy doesn't agree with me AT ALL, and yet I have four kids and want more. My husband thinks I am crazy. I am really close to admitting that he might be right.
24) Sometimes I think that I really want to be a doctor. Can you be 33 and still be trying to decide what you want to be when you grow up? Why can't we live to be 900? Then I would have time to be all the different things, in life, that I want to be.
25) I think that I might be claustrophobic. One time when I was 12, my little sisters and I were playing a game where we rolled each other up in the rug, with just our faces sticking out. When it was my turn, and I was all the way rolled up, I freaked out! I had a full on panic attack, because I couldn't move my arms or legs and was at the mercy of my sisters to let me out. NEVER did that again. Yes, I am definitely claustrophobic. Yikes, it still creeps me out!!
2 comments:
alright, that spit thing is really really funny.
Necco wafers? How interesting... not my first choice. But during Halloween, that was Adele's favorite candy. (Seems like the only time I ever see them).
More kids? That would be nice. I am not at all surprised about kids being drawn to you. I see the way you are with them and think "if I were a kid, I would want to go to her. She is SUCH a NICE lady."
By the way, Adele does talk about her "aunt Cami" just as much as she talks about Ansel and Levi. ("Ansel and Levi" really means all your boys, that's just short for all their names).
Wow, thanks Emily! Such a nice compliment! That makes me feel good that Adele talks about me at all! She is such a special girl, I miss her sweet little voice and thoughtful comments.
Post a Comment