Saturday, February 21, 2009

How was your baby wash?


This was the question asked by Ansel, following the "baby shower" I hosted at my house. Ha ha!!! I LOVED this question! It warmed my heart! Why is it called a shower anyway? I am sure that very question was going through his mind when I told him that there was a baby shower at our house today, and he had to go with daddy.
"A baby shower?!?!? People are coming to our house to wash babies???"
"Is that sort of like a car wash?"
"Is it automatic or manual?.... touchfree or a brush wash!?"
"why can't I be there when they are washed, is it just girls?"

I love kids! Life is always new when you look through a child's eyes!

3 comments:

Aaron and Emily said...

He really said "touchfree or a brush wash" ???

I remember Adele asking me about the same thing when she was 2 - if I was going to get wet at the shower. But she didn't get into the specifics of washing like Ansel!!

Tell Ansel he can come over anytime when we wash our baby.

Cami Severson said...

Haha! This morning when we woke up he saw a large glass of water on the night stand and asked "Is this for the baby wash?" I told him that it was just a drink of water, he hesitated and I asked "Do you want to drink it?" He nodded, and I told him that he could. I had a hard time not smiling. He wanted to make sure we hadn't washed any babies with it before he drank it!!

Calder said (because he was sitting there, listening to the exchange) "Ansel, they don't use water at a baby shower, it is where they shower the baby with gifts before it is born"

Oh, and No, Ansel didn't ask that question about automatic.....brush wash. I was putting down questions that were probably going through his head, not ones he had actually said. I was just being funny, imagining what he would be thinking. He did confirm my suspicion about the washing of babies, the car wash and girls only though, after I asked him what he thought went on at a baby shower.

Sarah S said...

That is pretty cute! I love how literal kids are.