The hardest for Levi, hands down, was wrestling. Not only is it a very personal sport, but it also hurts, a lot. He had a bloody nose at every match. But he was scrappy and won 50% of his matches. Which is pretty amazing considering he was the only one on the team who had never wrestled before in his life. He never gave up, and there were many silent tears shed at the defeats. They feel a lot more personal, because they are, you can only blame yourself, and it is only you that loses. That it pretty hard to cope with. But he did a band up job of dealing with it.
This is totally blackmail material, I know.... But isn't he so adorable? My skinny boy.


Here is a video of Levi winning one of his matches:
Scrappy, like I said.
After wrestling was over, track started right up. And much to my dismay, the meets were three hours long with Levi having different events scattered throughout the entire three hours. Need i mention that these were all done in the freezing cold rain of this unnaturally cold and rainy spring?!?! It was pretty miserable, but Levi is now assured of my unconditional love for him, since I never missed a meet.
Here is a quick clip of Levi running Hurdles, he is in the orange:
He was really good at the hurdles, I was surprised. He usually came in first or second, with one third place as well.

Calder did indoor soccer this year, but for some reason I failed to even get one picture of him playing a game! Sorry Calder!
So since I neglected that part, I am including some more karate pics, just to show you that this is still a presence in the curly headed boys lives:


Ansel is my all around athlete. He is good at every sport and he has great focus. This is really saying something when applied to baseball, which is a notorious kid attention killer. He hit well, every up to bat, made several amazing double plays, and was an all around MVP.





A 10 second clip of him hitting the ball and sliding to first:

He is so fun to watch.
Along with taking swimming lessons at the gym, Kaelan has also been taking gymnastics at the little gym. Much to our surprise we have realized that Kaelan really is a natural gymnast. He excelled quickly in this class. The teachers were so surprised since he is the very youngest in the class, yet probably the best. He is really strong, has very good body awareness, and isn't at all afraid to do any of the scary high things.

I have posted a video from his second day in class, in an earlier post. He joined halfway through the class and his second day was a mid-semester performance. He had never done any of those things before, but had fun attempting them.
Next week is his final performance. I will post a video of it when it happens so that you can see how much he has learned. His teachers keep telling he should be a gymnast. Maybe that would be a good outlet for his daredevil tendencies... I'd rather it be that, than some extreme sport.
Now sports are all done, school will be done in three days, and relaxation and enjoyment can begin!!!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment