Welcome baby Dagny!
BJ and Lani had this little gem on Sept 8th! She was 8 lbs even, and 20 1/2 inches long.
I had the privilege of going out to help Lani and Ashlyn adjust to the new situation. It was so fun. Lani was amazing! She adapted much faster than I remember doing, with having two littles around the house. By the time I left she was a pro.
Isn't she a beauty? She really is as serene as she looks in these pictures. What a good baby!
Ashlyn had a great time with Kaelan and they got into much mischief together. Ashlyn loves skirts and was very much hoping that Kaelan would love them too. But, alas...
At first Kaelan was resistant to all things pink and princess:
(as you can see in the photo below)
(Thanks grandpa Kurt for the awesome indian headdress)

But over time Ashlyn wore him down, and instead of saying: "Uh,... no thanks, I don't want to be a princess, or prince, or any guy!!"
He finally said....... "Uh, okay"!
We came up the stairs to find them dressed like this:
All decked out in the new princess crowns.
Does she know that she was wily or what!?
She pulled off a major transformation. That is the best wink EVER!
I do have to add this caveat....
Kaelan might have been just a little bit bedazzled by the whole birthday present thing, and didn't really care what it was as long as he got to play with the new toy.
We threw Ashlyn a little birthday party while we were there and she got 2 princess crowns and 2 my little ponies. Kaelan was just as excited about it all as Ashlyn was, we had to keep holding him back!!
The cute "choke" hug for the present:
The two trouble makers getting caught in the act:
They has so much fun in the back yard.
Kaelan loves the dogs, the dogs sort of love him back,..sort of.
I love this pic because it shows the little bit of attitude the crept up every once in a while in our little diva:
I had to add these pictures of a walk we took because of the fact that Ashlyn took one of her crowns with her everywhere she went. Not necessarily wearing it, but definitely holding on to it the whole time:
Fun Trip! Cute baby, and great cousin time!
Love you guys.... can't wait to see you again.

































2 comments:
Baby Dagny reminds me of Ansel when he was born.
I just love that picture of KK with the feathers. What a great expression on his face!
Both of these girls are just precious!! I didn't even know that Lani was expecting!!! Oh, and you're an AWESOME photographer, by the way!
Post a Comment