Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bonneville Fish Hatchery Field trip up the Gorge


Ansel had a field trip up the Gorge this fall, to the fish hatchery and to the river to see salmon spawning.  It was quite the trip.  It was making me sad the entire time because I kept thinking about Joe's Job opportunity down in California and what if we had to move from here.  We live in such a beautiful place and I really don't want to move back to California.  But the job is a great opportunity.  We will see what the promotion entails and whether it will be worth the sacrifice.

Ansel and his buddy Gavin
DSC_0106.jpg


DSC_0111.jpg

Learning about the fish, it was stinky
DSC_0125.jpg

All the cute kids on the trip:
DSC_0151.jpg


My sweet Ansel.  I love that kid.
DSC_0154.jpg


The nasty dead Salmon that the guide was showing us.  He showed the eggs, heart, liver, everything... It was grossly fascinating  
DSC_0161.jpg


I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this kids face! 
 Exactly how I was feeling about the whole thing.
DSC_0162.jpg

At the Sturgeon ponds
DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

My boy and I
DSC_0267.jpg

Ansel's whole class!
Good thing it was sunny the whole time!  Lucky for November.
DSC_0291.jpg

No comments: