Thursday, August 11, 2011

BB Guns and Arrows

This picture could be read as: "I 'heart' Cub camp"
Only that wouldn't be 100% true....


It was however a lot of fun to hang out with Calder and his buddies for a few days. I am in the primary presidency, over cub scouts and so I needed to cover a few days where there weren't enough parent volunteers to go up for the day. I tried very hard not to be grumpy about that, but in the end it was fun. The current cub scout masters are really great and allowed me to participate in some of the more prized activities at the camp, giving the day a little bit more tolerable air.

BB guns are a huge draw for all 8-10 year old boys, and, ahem.... moms.
Calder did great, and had a lot of fun.


So did his mom. What's not to love about target shooting? Instant gratification at a good shot, proof you made that shot, in the form of tiny little holes at the center of the paper, and
Bragging rights that you get to carry with you....
I, unfortunately, didn't get a picture of Calder's or my target paper, but just imagine a shot out bulls eye in both. :-) Calder got a marksman badge for his skill, unfortunately all I got was shock from the Cub Scout Masters......


Archery was another fun activity.
Calder has had an obsession with bow and arrows since he was tiny and finds it extremely upsetting that he can't do this everyday at home.

He got several bulls eyes, this is just a pic of his first one:


Below is a picture of my first try as well:
The arrows all made it on the paper! And close together. I was very happy about that. I definitely got better, with a few cluster bulls eyes, but we were having too much fun to take pictures at that point.

We didn't get to keep these papers, they kept using them over and over until they were no longer serviceable, which is why there are already so many holes in the paper.

How cool is a scout master that lets a mom try her luck at shooting things?

No comments: