Monday, April 06, 2009

I almost didn't do it.....

Ansel...... He will go down in the books for the most creative "excuses" or "explanations" of anyone I know. He has a gift. Too bad we haven't yet channeled that creativity into a better past time. But, as it stands now, this gift is used primarily for creative lies and half truths, and yes.... even full truths. The following story is concerned with the latter. A creative way of telling the truth.

Last night the littlest boys were having a snack of grated cheese (don't ask me why this is what they wanted....it just was) and I walked into the room to find Ansel and Kaelan at the little table surrounded by grated cheese..... all over the floor. Ansel had a paper towel in his hand and was attempting to clean it up.

I say: "Oh no! What happened?!"

Ansel: "The cheese spilled.. ..... KK almost did it."

..... A long pause......

Ansel, in a very soft, almost inaudible voice: " But, I actually did it."

*Insert much motherly praise for telling the truth*

Ansel: "Yeah, sometimes I forget [to tell the truth], and just say random things"

(Yes, he actually said "random")


The best part of the this whole story was hearing my sister Remi snort from across the room, and then quickly try to muffle it.

Haha............ "KK almost did it".......

Maybe he should go into politics???

4 comments:

Ryan and Brindi said...

i love this! ansel, ansel - these equal some of my favorite posts - anselisms!! i love you!

Sarah S said...

very funny!! he IS creative! definitely a candidate I would vote for :)

your pie story is so funny too - did you contact the store about the mixup??

Cami Severson said...

Haha! No, we didn't because we ate them anyway, cherry pie and ice cream is better than no pie at all. I guess.

Kris said...

That is priceless! I don't know what else to say. Give Ansel a kiss for me and tell him I am so proud of him for working on the truth factor.