I had Joe pick up some dessert for the night, and he came home with Ice Cream, Apple Pie, and Strawberry Rhubarb pie. Well, at least that is what they said on their respective boxes.
The night went by, we had dinner, played games, and finally got to dessert. Courtney was really excited because she loves apple pie, so, I started with the apple pie. As I cut into the pie a very red jell oozed out of the cut I just made. Hmmmm ...... "I don't think that this is apple pie, guys" I say. I look at the box again....
Sure enough it says it's apple pie, not only on the label....
But it has an "apple" sticker too:
I more closely inspect the slice of pie, I had just cut. It was cherry. Courtney was very disappointed. Like I said... she loves apple pie...... NOT cherry.
The "Apple" pie:
More boos, from all. Who wants cherry pie??! Especially when apple was offered.
I move on to the Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. When I open the box, I stare at the pie. It doesn't look right. It is sort of a half and half. Half of the pie was red, the other...a pale yellow. "Anybody know what color Rhubarb is supposed to be???" I ask. No... no one knows. I think that it is supposed to be red, but I am not sure. Maybe when they said "strawberry rhubarb" they didn't mean mixed together. Maybe it is more like a pizza, ... half canadian bacon/pineapple and half pepperoni. You know... made to order and made to please everyone.
I cut into the pale yellow side. It smells like apple. I look more closely... it is apple!! Haha!! What is this?????! A joke?? A left over April Fool's Day Joke?
There is just one last chance for Safeway bakery to redeem itself. The red half of the second pie. This has to be the Strawberry Rhubarb side right?................Wrong! Cherry again!!!
If you look closely, you can see a bit of the apple on the left side of the picture. Sadly no picture was taken of the apple pie side. It was devoured with great relish. Nothing tastes better than an apple pie, that turned out to be cherry, then popped up again masquerading as half of a Strawberry Rhubarb pie!
2 comments:
yuck!!! i do not like cherry! did you call the store to get a refund?
Haha! I know!! Yuck. No, we didn't because we ate them anyway, cherry pie and ice cream is better than nothing!
Post a Comment