It's Potty Time....
We have started the exodus to being a diaper free family this week! A few weeks ago, when I looked at my schedule for the summer, I realized that the next two weeks will be the only time I will have, in months, for a good solid potty training session. We are doing the "3 day Potty Training" in interest of time.
I have been prepping KK for weeks. We have read potty stories, got out the potty to play sit on (with clothes on), watched internet potty clips for kids, and talked it up big time.
We started yesterday. You pretty much give them their favorite drinks and salty snacks, and watch them pee 50 times a day! Practice makes perfect right??? Part of this plan is for them to go completely naked for the 3 days you are training them. So this is what could be seen around our house yesterday:

Kaelan has been loving being able to run around naked. He thinks it's the best thing ever. Yesterday he peed in the potty 3 times, and had one accident. Pretty good for the first day. But that was mom coaching him and racing him to the potty when he felt like he had to go.
Today has been SO different. It really clicked. We went on the potty 2 times the usual mom "coached" way and then the next time I discovered him peeing in his potty all on his own! He has gone at least 8 or 9 times on his potty by himself!! I don't even have to ask him to go, he does it all on his own!! WOW! What a surprise. I guess this 3 day potty training stuff really does work! Of course, there have been a couple of mishaps where I have found pee half inside and half outside, but only because he shifts on the seat and the pee starts arcing over the top of the potty onto the floor. Pretty good for a first timer! There has been one accident when he was too busy playing with his cars to walk the 2 feet over to his potty, but he was a "good boy" and helped clean it up right away.
YES!
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.......................
We are almost diaper free!!!
5 comments:
Boy... I bet KK will really thank you for these pictures online when he gets older. !
That's great that you found such a quick method to potty train him!
Hahaha!! You bet he will!! Some of my favorite pics of myself, when I was little are the naky pics!! Those are the best! Great laughter and fun.
Wow! I must say I'm impressed! Some of Andy's nephews have taken a while to get it down....
that's awesome!! I'm going to show these potty pics to Eli tomorrow and see if that motivates him. we can't do the naked thing around here yet, it's still TOO COLD! maybe in a few weeks when it hits 70 degrees...? I'm ready to just have one child in diapers, not two!
and you should totally post these on turtlefox. they are SO FUNNY!!
Post a Comment