Juli, a lady in my ward, commissioned me to do a picture (of herself and son Jacob) as a surprise for her husband, for Father's Day. There is kind of a cool story behind it all.
Years ago, there was a picture, in one of the church magazines, that her husband loved. He kept it with him, and even had it before he met Juli. It was of a mother and son (in the same pose as the below picture). He loved the interaction between mother and son, in the picture, and wanted to marry someone that would be that kind of mother. Years later, after he had married Juli, he told her that she was that kind of mother. What a cute guy! Anyway, he has that old picture framed somewhere.
So, after seeing what I can do, she thought it would be really neat if she had me do a replica of that picture, but with her son and herself as the subjects. I thought that it was a great idea. She was in a rush though, and wanted it by this weekend, but she didn't get the picture to me until a few days ago!!! Yikes! (They are moving up to Washington next week, so that is why she needed it sooner than Father's Day.) It is a good thing that I can whip these things out relatively fast, but even still, the house is now officially a wreck from neglect. Joe came home yesterday and said "Sheesh, things really get bad around the house, when you are working on a project". ...... Duh.

8 comments:
Cami...you are amazing. What a gift! I may have to be your next client.
Thanks, Amy! Sure, anytime! :-)
Oh my! I had no idea you had such talent! I definitely want something of yours! I love pictures for my house. If you are willing I would LOVE for you to do me a picture! Can I see more of your work? Email me!
Of course, Traci!!! I would love to! There are a few of my pieces throughout my blog.
wow cami, that is amazing! i love your work and this one is REALLY REALLY good (but I think that about all of them and then i see a new one and i'm impressed all over again)!
Cami, I bet that dad will remember this Father's Day gift forever! What a neat idea, and how neat that you could create it for her.
that turned out so well! you are such a wonderful artist.
and I love Joe's comment at the end...
Love it. Beautiful.
Post a Comment