Monday, May 24, 2010

Jumping from the frying pan into the fire


Life has a way of reminding you that it will go on without you and won't wait for you to catch up to speed before moving on. Within an hour of arriving home from our extended vacation to California for the holidays, I received a call from the grandmother of a little girl named Taylor (a kindergarten classmate of Ansel's). The grandmother has custody of Taylor until things get better for Taylor's parents (who live in Texas), but anyway, the grandmother was heading out to her husbands father's funeral the next day and needed someone to care for Taylor for the next 5 days while she was gone. How can you say "no" to that kind of request?? You can't. Just really bad timing is all. So, of course, I took a deep breath and said "yes, no problem". A small kink in the works, but since I just got done dealing with another "kink in the works" I guess I can deal with one more.

It turned out to be SO much fun. Taylor was an angel and had Joe wrapped around her finger and pining for a daughter like her. The boys had a great time with her and Kaelan followed Taylor everywhere. She could get him to do things that no one else could. We all wondered if that is what it would be like to have a little girl in the family.

Things were still crazy because I had so many things to catch up on. In primary I had no one lined up for talks in primary so Taylor, Levi and Calder did the primary line up on Sunday. Nothing like preparing a bunch of talks Sunday morning.

Here are a few shots of cute Taylor and the boys:



No comments: