Monday, May 24, 2010

My First Homemade bread


How sad is it that I have been married for 13 years and just now made bread for the first time. I don't really love bread, so I guess it is natural that I never ventured out there to make it, but I decided that it was time for me to try. I made a 100% whole wheat bread with only 5 ingredients. I got the recipe from my younger sister, Brindi. Yes, even my baby sister has made bread.

It was actually really fun and quick because you raise the bread in the oven, so it really cuts down on the time. Thank heavens. It also makes 4 loaves so you don't have to do it again too soon.

When it was done, I thought it turned out pretty nice, and it tasted melt-in-your-mouth good.

Yum! Where's the butter?!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Looks tasty! I've made bread before, but all my sister-in-laws and mother-in-law don't ever even buy bread, they only make it. Be glad you don't have that weighing on your guilty conscience. :-)