Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Refinishing someone else's floors...

Is there some unwritten rule that we only fix up our houses when we are moving from them??!
It seems like every time we are moving, that is the time we remodel the bathrooms, or repaint the house, or update the kitchen.  

In our case we are refinishing the floors.  I hate the fact that it isn't for our benefit really, other than getting people in the door.   We pay the money and get it done finally, just in time for us to move.  We have wanted to refinish the floors for years, and yet have never done it, until now.  $1500 for someone else's benefit... I am not bitter or anything.

We have to be out of the house for 3 days while they do the actual varnishing since it is toxic to living things.  Nice, that...  We are going on a much needed vacation in the meantime.

This is what they accomplished before we actually got out the door for our trip:
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I have been warned that when I get back I will have to thoroughly re-clean my house since sawdust will be everywhere.  Sigh... My work is never done.

No comments: