What does this say about me.......That it takes so long to finish one little drawing? He looks like a different kid now, all these new big adult teeth, and that long hair. He has grown 4 inches or so and the clothing, that he is wearing in this picture, Calder has almost outgrown.But, even still, it feels really good to get it done. There are much older pictures, still left undone, that I vow I will do soon. But, my soon or "real" soon is still yet to be decided. I think that this is why I have such a hard time stopping, once I have started a project. The steam goes out, and it gets shoved aside as soon as the focus shifts, ....and I don't want this to happen, so I don't usually stop until I finish. Or things, like this, become the result:
I mean really!?!?! Who stops when you are almost at the finish line??? The hard part is all done, and now it is just the easy (but admittedly tedious) part, drawing in the folds and shades of clothing/hands and shoes. It won't take long, and yet it sits..... waiting for a day when I decide to pick up the pencil again and get working!
4 comments:
It may be unfinished, but it is still a totally awesome picture.
Wow Cami! It's hard to find the time for hobbies as a mother, huh? I never knew you were an artist!
You are an amazing artist my daughter!
Beautiful! I love both drawings. I can sort of understand the procrastination; I have that problem with writing - it's much easier to get the things done that have deadlines than the more fun projects that are more open ended.
Post a Comment