In our house, when a child turns 7, they get to fast one meal on fast Sunday. (We are using positive biasing here, ...see -- "get to" not "have to"-- aren't I so tricky?!!) Joe had to leave for choir around 8:45am this morning, but on his way out he reminded Calder of this privilege and said that we (meaning mom- since he was leaving) would help him think of a special purpose for his fast today, and he could then say his fast prayer. After Joe left, and while I was making breakfast (for Ansel and Kaelan), I started having this "fast" conversation with Calder. We talked about what he wanted to fast for and then I asked him if he remembered how to say a fast prayer. (Now, remember this was a serious conversation we were having here.) There was a pause, and then Ansel, who had been listening, chimed in with his newly formed, quick witted response.......
"I know how to say a fast prayer............ 'Our Dear Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen', that's how I say a fast prayer!!" (cue mom, cracking up wildly and ruining the serious moment) Oh the "punniness" of a five year old! You know he's good when a mom, jaded by the constant barrage of juvenile humor, guffaws uncontrollably at his joke!!
Ansel, you are my "punny" hero!!
2 comments:
That's Awesome! Ansel is such a clever gent! I like your positive biasing also... I should try that... "Dawna, you GET to eat broccoli!" Yeah... I hope all the boys feel better soon so you don't go crazy!
Cute new header! Love the photo of the boys. What a character that Ansel is!
Post a Comment