Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The "key" to using a public toilet



Have you ever wondered how fast you could stick your hand in and out of the "poo" water in a public toilet? Well, neither have I....... until tonight. Blechk..... (In fact I would have NEVER, previously, wasted my time even pondering the thought of that thought.) But now I have been forced to contemplate even more disgusting, more thought provoking potty thoughts than ever before. Like, if you are REALLY fast at putting your hand in and out, does it lessen the amount of germs that stick to you? Will I ever be able to call myself clean again? What about objects retrieved from said toilets? Can they ever be clean again either? What if they have sensitive electronic parts, will those have a greater chance of working/being clean again, if I get to it faster? What if you were at a restaurant, could you go out and finish your meal afterwards? Even if you washed your hands fifteen times?? What about said items, could you touch them again before you got to REALLY sanitize them? What if you needed to, in order to get home?

I contemplated all of these questions, and more, in the mere second between my keys flying into the toilet bowl at Sweet Tomatoes(with remote electronic starter/opener attached) and my hand following after.

3 comments:

Aaron and Emily said...

So did they fall out of your pocket?

I had that horrible poo water experience. Adele doing her business, and Samuel sneaking in the bathroom... NOT fun. Ew ew ew.

How DO you clean those things with electronic parts?

Ryan and Brindi said...

yuck!!! ewwwww! disgusting! so, so sorry! hopefully your car keys still work because those things can cost lots of $$$$ to replace! love you sis!

Unknown said...

oh yuck! But I must say I love the narrative that you put to it... it reminded me of Jack Handey, who, in his infinite wisdom, said, "If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because, man, they're gone." I wonder what he would say regarding public toilets...