This blog is here because my mom really wanted to see pictures of my new furniture! Hi mom!!!
It has been a very long time, well, actually since we have been married (10+ years) that we have been using hand-me-down master bedroom furniture. One week ago, our bedroom furniture consisted of our king size bed, on a cheap metal frame, and a night stand, borrowed from the guest bedroom furniture set. That was it. But that all changed on Wednesday. A couple of weeks ago, we used a bit of our tax return money to buy new furniture - for the first time- from Costco.com. It arrived on Wednesday. I have to tell you, that I am very impressed with Costco.com. They are an great place to buy excellent quality items. There was no shipping cost and they have White Glove delivery service deliver the furniture, set it up and clear away any packaging material. Plus everything you buy from there is guaranteed in a way that only Costco can.
Here is a "before" photo of the room:
The spanish delivery guys setting up the furniture:
(definitely made it hard to get any instructions from them, they ONLY spoke spanish)
Here is the Final product:
The furniture is all English Heirloom, with dovetail joints and ballbearing rails for sliding the drawers out.
The bed is a lot higher than it used to be, kind of have to jump a little to get into bed! :) I love the headboard and footboard.

The nightstand is my favorite! Inside the top drawer it has a charging center for cellphones/ Ipod's etc. SOOOO handy! Also, it has a touch night light that has 4 levels of brightness that shines from underneath the nightstand, so easy to just touch the little metal brad, right under the top drawer, and on comes the light. Really easy to use in the dark!
The most expensive piece was the dresser. It had cedar inside it's drawers and all sorts of fun, usable details. I love the insert for jewelry. So fun.

Now, I get to decorate my room, and I am going to start with some really great curtains!!!
1 comment:
how exciting!! I dream of the day when we can get bedroom furniture... for now our bedroom has way too many functions as bedroom/office in a tiny space. your room looks amazing!
Post a Comment