Tuesday, July 21, 2009

An Amazing photo shoot! (or three)

 

There is a great story to go with these awesome photos.  Our Primary School has an auction every other year to help with funding. (just like dozens of other schools)  They always hold it at a fancy golf club, and I always feel WAY out of my league when I attend, but that is a side note.

This year a professional photographer, Nina Beilby, who owns Eminent Images, donated her services to photograph EVERY child in the school, so the parents could purchase them with 100% of the proceeds going to our school.  It was an amazing undertaking.

She photographed all of them  successfully.  When she was done, I started hearing multiple comments about Calder's photo ( I hadn't seen it yet).  Then I got an e-mail from a friend (who organized the auction) asking if they could use Calder's photo for display in the school - to advertise the photo auction.  I said sure, and was told that I had to come and see it at the school on Monday.  So I did.  It was AMAZING!  She had blown it up to be 3 feet by 5 feet and it was right inside the front door!!  Calder felt like a celebrity for 2 months straight!!  It was really cute.

Anyway, we got the photos that we had purchased, the last week of school.  Nina's son, Patrick, was in Levi's class and on the last day of school (at the school party) she came up to me and asked if she could use Calder's photo on her website and business cards.  She said that she would compensate me by either more prints of Calder and Levi, or with a photo shoot of my other two little guys.  Nina is from Australia, and so she said all of this in a very cool Aussie accent.  I chose a shoot with the little guys.

The photo shoot just happened last week.  We did it at a local park.  She was amazing.  When Nina saw Ansel and Kaelan, she exclaimed over how cute they were and then asked if she could use all of the kids on her website.  I signed the waivers, she got the rights and I got the photos!  What a deal!!!

So, without further ado.... Here they are!

Which, of Ansel and Kaelan’s, do you like best???

LevismallCaldersmallAnsel1 Ansel2 Ansel3 Ansel4 Ansel5 Ansel6 Ansel7 Ansel&KK1 Ansel&KK2 Ansel&KK3 Ansel&KK4 Ansel&KK5 B&W kk  Kaelan1 Kaelan2 Kaelan3 Kaelan4 Kaelan5 Kaelan6 Kaelan7

7 comments:

Ryan and Brindi said...

how can i choose, how can i choose??? i think i see my favorite and then i scroll down and see the next one and i think, oh well actually maybe this one is it. which i think means they are all DARLING!!! your boys are sooooooo beautiful. (by the way i meant to say in the previous post that you look great!)

Elizabeth Severson said...

They are super cute! Ansel is soooo handsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Man, I never noticed what amazing EYES all of your boys have. So beautiful! Pretty hard to choose my favorite of Kaelen...too darn cute. I may have to look this lady up.

Kathy Reid said...

What gorgeous boys! I love the second picture of each of them and the last one of Kaelen.

Cami Severson said...

she is amazing! Her website is: www.eminentimages.com,
phone #: 971-235-9668

Unknown said...

Gosh those are handsome kids! Look out ladies!

Traci said...

Wow! All I can say is these are some terrific photos that you can treasure forever!