Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What the.....????!!



What do you think when you see these pictures??








And what relationship does it have to a trampoline???
No guesses??


Well, I am sure you have guesses, but I am too impatient to wait for them. So here's the scoop....

This was the state of Calder's face when I first saw him this morning. I nearly swallowed my gum! Did he wake up with chicken pox??? Was it some weird rash related to the chlorine in the pool we swam in last night? Some reaction to a food? Grass??? It couldn't be mosquitoes because I have never seen them EVER in our yard.....What could it be???

When I saw Levi and Michael also walk inside from their night on the tramp, it was confirmed. They all three had red spots ALL over their exposed body parts. No where else. Levi had a lot also on his arms because he was wearing shorts sleeved pajamas. They had all gone out after dark, when the stars were shining. There have been many a nights, over the years, spent sleeping on the tramp, without incidence. And yet.....

It was Mosquitoes.... DEFINITELY mosquitoes!! Apparently my little Camelot has a darker side. The mosquitoes only come out at night on hot days, and it has been VERY hot for the past 2 weeks, and not cooling down until 4am. The mosquitoes were only out at night and the mosquitoes were HUNGRY!!! The poor boys! I left them out there unprotected, and they were attacked while they slept!! Levi and Michael paled in comparison to Calder's monstrous collection, but they each had around 20-40 even still. Calder was so covered that it deserved closer inspection and a count. I laid him down and carefully counted his bites.........
You might want to sit down for this.......

214 bites in total!!

That poor kid had literally been eaten alive!!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Ryan and Brindi said...

my poor calder!!! 214!!! that poor kid is probably scratching all his skin off! give him a get well kiss for me.

Aimee said...

Poor Calder! I knew what the pictures were, because I had exclaimed over Michael's bites yesterday. And they were nothing compared to Calder's! Hope all the boys recover soon.

Kathy Reid said...

I can't believe that! I have never seen so many mosquito bites on one person. Hope he's okay.

Unknown said...

Yuck and no fun! Every year at Girl's camp, there's at least three or four people who come home looking like that... I guess the mosquitoes are getting hungrier these days... sign of the times? :)

Laura said...

Yikes. Ouch!!! My first thought was flea bites but I had a bad experience with fleas awhile back. I've never seen so many mosquito bites.

Traci said...

Holy cow! How did he sleep through that? I would wake up just from the buzzing in my ears!