Calder's is just the opposite. Cutting his hair is NO problem, easy peasy pie. Doing it on a daily basis though.......... that is another story. I have tried every thing, he even sleeps on satin pillow cases, and still awakes every morning with a newly formed rats-nest in the back of his head. His hair is ULTRA fine, and tangles at the slightest provocation. We spend 20 minutes every morning just combing out his hair. It is SUCH a pain. But well worth it! He has the most beautiful curls a child could ever be born with.
Sometimes, though, that daily routine gets waylaid and we end up with the MONSTER hair from hell. This is when mom get very tempted to shave the whole thing and let it grow back, but alas, she has weakness for his golden curly locks, so she forbears.
Even when it comes to this:
And these photos don't even do the thing justice. It was HUGE and solid, it felt like he was keeping a small animal inside. Well, we worked and worked and worked on it .... for over an HOUR!! It was awful. Poor Calder's head was so sore by the end that we vowed never to let a day pass without combing his hair through, at least a little.
Here are some of the casualties from the battle, and the weapon of choice:
Another thing about Calder's hair is this....
When dry it looks like this:
(this was just before the most recent hair cut)
Now those are some serious LONG locks!! It is amazing how much curl effects the length of hair!!Okay, now I have got the hair fetish out of my system. It is time to move on. (Sorry, Ansel, your hair is just too "easy" to need to blog about. You have just the right amount of curl and thickness that it isn't hard to cut and it isn't hard to comb and it always looks nice. You will just have to be satisfied with that!)
3 comments:
Do you use spray-in hair conditioner? I use that detangler stuff not just on Adele's hair, but on my own! It really helps with the rats nests.
Yes! And you wouldn't believe how much of it it takes to make a difference. I have spray in and then massage it into each section of snarl, comb.. then spray again, since the rats nests are so dense that the spray doesn't get to the core on the first run.
Well, I guess I'm slow on my "No More Tangles" suggestion...... Makes me glad I have the hair I do!
Post a Comment