Wednesday, July 06, 2011

4 wheeler rides in the Horse corral

Just before we left for Lake Powell, my dad taught the boys how to drive a four-wheeler. They loved it. His house is up in Hobble Creek Canyon, sits on a mountain point, overlooking the canyon. It has an amazing view. Next to his house he has a horse corral with a couple of horses in it. This is where the kids drove the 4-wheeler around, inside the corral. It was so funny that the horses didn't even bat an eye at the noisy bouncing machine driving erratically all around them.

I was busy packing up the boat for the trip, but I did manage to get a few of Calder on the 4-wheeler with my dad. Calder LOVED it, and was whipping around the enclosure at a pretty fast clip:













Kaelan had the best time watching the boys, but of course, wanted a turn too. He kept grabbing on to the electric fence (which was ON!) and yet held on to it just shy of the amount of time it takes to deliver a shock. He was one lucky kid, and I was eternally grateful!


Near the end, Joe took Kaelan on a short 4-wheeler ride, much to Kaelan's delight:

Oh, the 4-wheeler stories I could tell.....Let's just say that there are too many to get into, but I as a child I have: flipped the 4-wheeler upside-down on top of me; ran over my sister accidentally when while she was sitting on the front and wouldn't stop kicking the wheel when I asked, and it pulled her under (she needed plastic surgery for that one); got ran over myself when my dad was driving in the Coral sand dunes (I escaped unscathed minus the mouthful of sand, but Remi got her ankle chewed up), and used it for my main mode of transportation up and down the canyon. Ah the memories...

2 comments:

Traci said...

I can't believe you were right there in Springville and didn't even think to call me! Sheesh! ;o)

Cami Severson said...

Haha! I am sorry Traci!! That would have been fun, if only we were there longer than it took to pack, then it would have been a reality! ;-)